Monday, February 28, 2011

Nothing Profound, Just Life.

The vision team has departed as of Saturday. We enjoyed a really good week with them - getting to know them, showing them Portugal and being encouraged by them. Despite the good week we enjoyed with them, we were all pretty tired by the end of it. But, I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Today is our day off. The change of pace for the day is welcomed. So, to celebrate this day off, I did something I have hardly done since being here in Portugal. I baked! I was in my happy place. Rascal Flatts and Lady Antebellum filled the room and I baked to my hearts content. I made Apple Cinnamon Muffins and Chocolate Chip Cookies.Yum!

I love days like today. It's an opportunity for me to take time for myself - to do things that bring me joy (like baking), but it's also a day for me to spend time catching up on emails, blogs and journalling. Today in my journalling I came across this passage out of Ephesions and it was so good that I wanted to share it.

"I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources, he will give you mighty inner strength through his Holy Spirit. And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in him.
May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love.
And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high and how deep his love really is.
May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope. May he be given glory in the church and in Christ Jesus forever and ever through endless ages. Amen"

~ Ephesions 3:16-21

Verse 20 is our team's theme verse, but I really like what comes before it too. I am choosing to meditate on these verses and allow them to soak into my heart on this beautiful day off!

2 comments:

  1. Kara - I am so glad you got to bake! Ah - it's so wonderful to be able to do the things you love to relax!

    Also, I love those verses... and the translation they are in. Can you tell me what translation this is from?

    Thanks, friend! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah - The translation is the New Living Translation - love it.

    ReplyDelete