Thursday, October 14, 2010

Prayer Requests

1. Our entire Trek community has been under the weather these last 2 weeks. Tis the season for colds and coughs. We would appreciate prayer for health and energy. Our days are full to the max and being under the weather creates some obstacles when it comes to soaking in all of the information that is thrown at us.

2. Team Portugal has been meeting on a weekly basis, growing our relationships with each other and getting to know each other better. Please pray for team unity as we prepare to leave for Lisbon in 3 short weeks. We are desiring servant hearts. Pray that God would also be transforming our hearts and stirring up a passion in us for the people and city of Portugal.

3. Community life is challenging at the best of times. Please pray that behaviours of fellow Trekkers would not become irritating and that we would be able to love each other (I know that sounds extremely cheezy, but it's so true).

4. There are some logistics that still need to get worked out in the insurance, visa and immunization department. Please pray that there would be no hiccups in this process.

5. Our days are ridiculously full - all of good things, but full nonetheless. I am struggling to find time to think and absorb what I have taken in throughout the course of the day. I am craving more time to journal and to spend time listening to God.

6. I am realizing how much I need to spend more time knowing the bible and memorizing scripture. This is something I need to be more disciplined in.

7. Please pray for the people of Portugal - that they would be open and receptive to us being there. Pray that their hearts would be softened to hear about Jesus.


Thank you for committing to keep me and the Trek community in your prayers.They are appreciated so much more than I could say.

1 comment:

  1. "Lord, help Kara to find some time today to reflect and to be still with you. To step away from the busyness and intensity of this time and to catch your breath - refreshing her and filling her with your Spirit's peace and contentment. I hold her up to your loving arms today, tomorrow and forever, Amen."

    Kara, I have been out of touch with the world apart from hospital and homes for my Mom. She is now moved into a new place and is trying to adjust to a much smaller life here while anticipating a much larger life to come! I, too, am struggling with a miserable cold but looking forward to the healing service at FW tonight. I will pray for you there. Lovingly,

    ReplyDelete