Saturday, November 6, 2010

The next leg...

The next leg of this TREK adventure has begun. Training in Abbotsford has come to an end and team Portugal has made it to Lisbon. This still kind of feels surreal, but extremely exciting.


This last week in Abbotsford was definitely more low key than other weeks, but the days still somehow managed to fill up. Thursday night there was a commissioning service for us going out to our respected countries. It was an amazing night of worship and encouragement by TREK leadership. Steve Klassen spoke a few minutes to the Portugal team about going out into the field - radiantly shining for Jesus. The specific verse he gave us was Psalm 34:5


"Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy;
      no shadow of shame will darken their faces."


I love this verse. This is my desire these next 8 months (and for when I return home to Winnipeg as well). I want to be radiant and full of joy because of Jesus. I know for a fact that I am flawed and I do and will continue to mess up in life, but despite all the mess that I create, Jesus does not cover me with shame. As I continue to pursue life with Jesus and seek to be in more intimate relationship with the Creator, I will continue to shine. I want the people of Portugal to see me, a flawed individual who has the grace of God washing over me so that I can live with joy. I believe that God can use me and will use me in ways that only God can conjure up so that I can be a light to people I meet in Portugal.


"Follow Jesus around the scriptures - be an observer
watch how He looks
watch how He touches
watch how He is present to people
watch how He prays and takes time out.


Let Him look at you
Let Him touch you
Let Him hold you
Let Him heal you
Let Him be present to you


Then, become the look,
become the touch,
become the presence"


~Doreen Kostynuik

This is my prayer for the year ahead. As we get settled into life here in Portugal in the next few days, I will update you with pictures of our sweet digs and what life in Portugal is like. Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment