Sunday, January 2, 2011

Feliz Anos Novo


Happy New Year!!!



It's hard to believe that 2011 is upon us. Where did this last year go? 2010 was jammed pack with so many good things that I guess it just made the time pass right by. 2010 held a few important ladies being born - India & Shae. It held the wedding of Kevin & Dominika, which means I got a new sister (for the record Dominika has felt like a sister for a long time already - the wedding just made it official). Derek and Courtney got engaged in October. There were lots of good times spent with friends I love - too many good memories to even start to count. I opened a massage clinic with some pretty great people and I guess the big even this year was that I began the TREK program and I have been able to live in Europe (which has been a dream of mine for a LONG time). Looking back, it's been a pretty incredible year and I am blessed.
I have high hopes for 2011. God is doing incredible things in my life and as He continues to transform me and stretch me, I am excited to see the person I will be at the end of this coming year. I know that I am not the same person I was at the beginning of 2010. I have learned so much this year. My knowledge of God has grown and I have changed so much - emotionally and spiritually.


I am not typically one for huge New Years celebrations, but considering I am living in Europe right now I figured it was the perfect time to take in some of the culture and head into downtown Lisbon with some people from our team to see the fireworks show and hear some concerts.
The crowds were ridiculous. I remember why this is something I don't do on a regular basis. Just trying to get off the subway was challenging as we literally pushed people out of way to get off. Everyone seemed to be in downtown Lisbon.


On the train into Lisbon




Happy 2011!


 
The concerts were much to be desired. I can't say the Portuguese music industry has won me over, but the fireworks display redeemed the concert.

Here is the video of the fireworks



Wishing you all the best God has to offer you in 2011.

1 comment: