Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Heart for Portugal

It has been exactly 2 months today that I arrived in Portugal. It's incredible to think how fast these 2 months have gone. In the time that I have been here, I have been blown away at how much God has been working in me and also in the lives of people around me. God is moving.

Over the course of these past 2 months, I have been praying that God would break my heart for this country, this city of Lisbon and for the people who live here. Last week, our team split up into groups of 3 and we did a prayer walk around Massama, where we live. As we prayed, I was amazed at what God put on my heart. He opened my eyes to see the people walking down the street like He sees them. We prayed for broken homes, for broken marriages, for businesses, schools, parks and churches. 
God is stretching my heart in all sorts of directions and this prayer walk left me with a yearning to pray more for these people and this community. God has incredible things planned for this place - in His perfect timing. In the meantime, I desire to be the hands and feet of Jesus in this community, whatever that may look like and see the church rise up in this place.

As we walked and prayed the other day around Massama, I had this song playing through my head. I thought I would share it with you. This song is my hope and my prayer for this place.

3 comments:

  1. This is great to read Kara. Thanks for bringing us along on your journey and sharing what God is doing in your heart. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kara. Your mom let me know about your blog at Christmas, so I'm a new reader. :o) Loving hearing the stories. Praying that you continue to grow and be stretched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jodi and Nicole for your encouragement and for reading :)

    ReplyDelete