Thursday, April 28, 2011

Picnic at the Park

This past Monday was a national holiday for the Portuguese. 25 de Abril is a day where Portugal celebrates the Revolution in 1974, so due to everyone being off of work that day, our church in Loures decided it would be the perfect day for a picnic. 
We headed just outside the city to Montachique Parque (for those Manitobans out there - it reminded me a little of Bird's Hill Park) where we enjoyed gorgeous weather (temperatures were somewhere in the high 20's), lots of great games like baseball, bocce ball and card games, and a great bbq full of all kinds of delicious meat.


GAMES

Teaching the Youth how to play Baseball.



Can you tell I was the "white sheep" on my team? haha. Our team won the game though, so that was awesome.


The youth taught us the most confusing game ever. In the end I did not even end up playing as I still didn't understand what I was supposed to do. It was entertaining to watch though. I believe the game was called 35.



Playing Bocce Ball with Doug and Myra

~ Community Life ~


BBQing the Meat











It was a fabulous day spent with wonderful people. I'm hoping that we might be able to do something like this again before we leave in a few short weeks. Good food, good conversation and good people always makes for an awesome day!


No comments:

Post a Comment