Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Adventuring

It all started with a sermon we as a team listened to a couple of weeks ago, entitled,  "Take up your Cross and Follow Me". Ever since, whether it be through life journaling, through bible studies or just spending some quiet time with God, this idea of denying yourself and laying down your plans before God keep reappearing. You'd almost think that God might be trying to tell me something.

I am constantly being reminded how imperative it is for me to deny myself - to lay down my plans for life and what I think is best, in order to experience all that God has for me. That thought, in and of itself, is too incomprehensible for me to imagine. When I choose to give God the reigns of my life, there is no telling where He will take me and what He can do in and through me. Saying 'yes' to God's leading in my life means that life as I know it will change. By saying 'yes', I am acknowledging that I better be ready for what that entails and where God will take me. I want to be obedient to that calling in my life - whatever that may be.


It's hard to think of giving up control and letting God lead. I have always been the type of person who likes to have things figured out and I like to dream up possibilities for my life. I'm not for one second, suggesting that all dreaming has to stop, but what I am saying is that the Lord will do immeasurably more than I could ever ask for or imagine and that brings great peace to my heart. It's now been a little over a year since I said I wanted to adventure with God and since then, I have been on the most exciting, the most terrifying, and the most incredible journey of my entire life. I want to continue on this journey, adventuring with God. There will no doubt be hard stuff along the way - there already has. There will be tears and growing pains, but the adventure - in its entirety, will be life giving, transformational, and the best thing I could ever choose for my life. My task is to be obedient.


Am I really ready to let my plans go and take on God's instead? If the answer is yes, then I better be ready to embark on the greatest life adventure ever and be ready to do and go wherever God takes me. It's exciting to think of the possibilities that lay in my future and the things I will experience and see as God and I adventure.



1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, it is SO exciting! :) And the closer you grow to God, and the more you ask to have His heart, the more His dreams will be your dreams... which I have a feeling are the best dreams of all! :D I am SO excited to see where God leads you in these days, weeks, months, and years! Enjoy each day on this adventure with the Lord!!

    ReplyDelete