Sunday, May 22, 2011

Roses and Thorns

Rose - Taco Tuesdays with Otto and Marjorie

Thorn - going to renew our visas on Monday and discovering we didn't have all of the        required paperwork.


Rose - successful shopping trips (I'm going to miss european shopping).

Rose - lady's matinée movie. Marjorie, Myra and us 4 girls went to see "Just Go With It".



Rose - puzzling - it reminds me of summer at the lake.


Rose - warm summer nights with a girls "coffee" time on the balcony


Thorn - still no electricity in the new church building. Hopefully it happens this week!


Rose - more "coffee" times on the balcony - this time Jacob joined us.


Thorn - ridiculous humidity - this head of mine is not a fan!


Thorn - spending 8 hours dealing with more visa stuff on Thursday and in the end 2 people still have not received their extended visa permit.

Rose - time with Jesus and time to reflect on what He is doing in your life.



Rose - hanging out with the youth in Massama and in Loures.


Rose - evenings in Oriente


Rose - receiving encouraging emails from people back home letting you know you are loved and missed.


Rose - hot weather!


Overall, it was a pretty good week with lots to be thankful for. My dear friend Sarah sent me a song this week. I loved it and have continued to listen to it regularly, so I thought I would also share it with you. Enjoy! Blessings to you this next week.




3 comments:

  1. Cute idea for a post. I'm going to miss reading these :-(

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug - I have another blog that I had at home. Once Trek is done, I will be back to that one. It's a private blog, so I'll email you the link.

    ReplyDelete