Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Teams are made

At 9am this morning, the list of teammates and assignments was revealed. The moments sitting in the great room just waiting prior to our leader coming in was beyond overwhelming and exciting all at the same time. Last night, for fun, we each made predictions on where we thought everyone was going. It was funny, because, a lot of us not only guessed similar, but we also guessed correctly - not on everyone though. But there were 3 people from each team that were right.

So, the verdict is that I am off to Portugal on November 6 - Lisbon to be exact. We haven't heard anything from the missionaries that are there, but the word on the street is that they do a lot of youth work, which really excites me. I am pumped to be going to Europe (I have always wanted to go) and I get to soak in the culture and the people for 7 1/2 solid months. I'm pumped to say the least.
Over the last few days, I had really been feeling that I was going to Portugal. I would have been extremely excited to go to Thailand too, but I feel God has really placed Portugal on my heart. I just want to love on these people and have a passion for this country, which feels good because I have been doubting if this whole missions thing is really where my heart is. I don't think this will be a long term life choice to be a missionary somewhere, but for the next year and years to come, I think a part of my heart will lie in Portugal and that excites me.

Team Portugal:


 Rachael, Jacob, Kara, Donovan & Aleah

Team Thailand

Alison, Leah, Carla, Bryan & Brad

I have been trying to do better in the picture taking department, so enjoy the pictures (Sabrina - I did this for you :)


Sarah's Birthday Party



 after smearing Sarah with icing from her cake, Jon gets it back.


 Aleah, Rachael & Alison


A Starbucks date with all of the girls.

hanging out in the hot tub with my 3 closest friends here - Carla, Heidi & Rachael.

 Games Night

We play a lot of games - everything from board games, to card games to outdoor games like volleyball (we play lots of volleyball).






4 comments:

  1. Just LOVE the photos Kara! It is so neat to have faces to put to the names of the people who will be your 'family' for the months to come. I am beyond pumped that your desire to see Europe will be realized.

    Glad the waiting to find out part is over. Will be praying for your team as you figure each other out, build relationships, and get ready to spend LOTS of time together. So excited for you, friend.

    Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the pictures!!! I love to see your new friends :) I am so excited that you are going on such a wonderful adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So now you know, and can start to prepare! I am happy that it is also a part of a dream come true for you to get to Europe. Happy and blessed preparations. We are back home in MB now, and miss the kids already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Kara. I'm praying for you as you prepare for this next chapter. What a great destination! I'd love to talk soon - lots to catch up on. Much love.

    ReplyDelete