Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Change in Seasons

I have been reminded of Ecclesiastes 3 these last few days and how it talks about how there is a time for everything. Seasons end and new ones begin. Yet, in each season we walk through, God orchestrates and carries out his plans, regardless of our understanding. His purpose prevails and in each time, regardless of where God takes us, we are called to be obedient and to fear him. There is beauty to admire in each season, even if some seasons appear to be more dry and void of anything good according to our perspective. The truth is, God uses those moments as teachable moments.

Being back in Abbotsford has been wonderful. It has been awesome to catch up with the Thailand and Mexico teams and to spend time in worship and quiet time with God. Despite the loveliness of this place and time, I find myself caught in the tension of a season that is ending and a new season beginning shortly. This TREK season is not yet over - there are still 10 days for me to soak in all the things that God has yet to teach and show me through debrief. As I begin to prepare to enter the next season of life - life at home - I trust that God will continue to lead me and go with me. There will be challenges to coming home and fitting back into a life that I have sort of forgotten over these last 10 months, but I want to remain obedient to God in it all and I trust that His ways and plans are far better than I could ever imagine. My heart is full of peace and also, definitely excitement as I anticipate reunions with the people I love.

As I continue to reflect upon this TREK season and all that I have encountered and experienced, I hope that I have taken all the opportunity possible to enjoy this particular season to its fullest. I hope that I have been faithful to notice the fingerprints of God around me and in the lives of people I have encountered this year. I hope that this season I have been obedient to who God has called me to be and what He has called me to do.

Our debrief schedule is a full one.In the last 3 days, we have done the following:

  • Enjoyed amazing worship with Kevin Boese.
  • Played a few games of volleyball
  • Enjoyed God's creation handiwork at Cultus Lake
  • Indulged in Corina's amazing cooking (this never disappoints)
  • We have started to debrief together as a group and today individual debrief meetings begin.
  • Watched game 7 on the big screen as a big group.
  • Enjoyed some Starbucks. 
  • Had some lovely walks and talks with Carla. So good to catch up. 
  • Lots. Of. Sleep.
  • Drinking lots of coffee in order to stay awake during the day in order to not mess up our night sleep schedule.
I am reminded at how good it is to be back in this place where I am surrounded by incredible godly leaders who are committed to processing this season with us. I'll try and post more pictures in the next few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment