Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Coming to an End

With only 2 days remaining in debrief, our time is winding down rather quickly. It is surreal to think that Friday I will be saying goodbyes to teammates and fellow Trekkers who have, over the last 10 months, become dear friends and key players in my life. There is definitely a bittersweetness that accompanies leaving this place and heading home. 


The debriefing process has been a good one. I have enjoyed listening to people's stories from other teams and hearing how God has been working in their lives and around the world. We serve an extremely awesome God! We, as team Portugal, had the chance last Friday to share in depth with the TREK community about what we did and how we experienced God in Portugal. It was neat to reflect on our time there as a whole and remember some of the standing stones along the way. I have a hunch I will continue to recall memories and experiences in the months to come as I head home and re-enter into life in Winnipeg. 
I have been reminded these last 2 weeks, as we have heard different speakers present on re-entering into North American culture, how thankful I am to have had this time to debrief and unpack my experience and figure out how I will share what I have seen in Portugal and how God has changed my heart. The debrief part of the process is a crucial one I am learning and one I do not want to wish away too quickly. As I return home, I want continue to live out what I have learned in the last 10 months and I want to re-enter in a positive way.
Sorry, that was a little more rambling than maybe needed. I suppose I just have a lot going through my mind these days.



I will leave you with some photos of some of our time here in Abbotsford these last 2 weeks.



We love Cultus Lake. I mean, what is not to love???









 Each team was required to make a meal that was authentic to the country we visited. We made bacalhau com natas (successfully I might add), salad and baba de camelo for dessert. Everything turned out really well and everyone seemed to enjoy it, so extra bonus for us!




And of course, all of our free time has been spent on the beach volleyball court. It has been good to play again. I forgot how much I loved the game.










Oh, and just as a side note, anyone in the Abbotsford area, Friday night TREK is hosting a dessert night where we will be sharing more stories of our time in Portugal, Thailand and Mexico. If you are wanting to hear some incredible stories of how God is moving all over the world and enjoy some delicious dessert made by Corina, please join us at South Abbotsford MB Church at 7pm this Friday June 24. It would be great to see people there!


No comments:

Post a Comment