Thursday, June 9, 2011

No Longer a Butcher Shop

Yesterday we finished our work at the new space in Massama, aka: The Annexo. It's not completely finished, but our work there came to an end. There are some finishing touches that need to be done like hanging the curtains, hanging some wallpaper in one small section and filling it with furniture, but others in the church will do that once we are gone. It turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself. It is amazing what a couple coats of paint can do to a room!


I must say, my skills were put to the test through this project. I have sanded, painted and cleaned like I never have before. Spots in the wall that were once holes are no more. Yup, that's right, I filled a hole with rocks and covered it with putty and sanded it down. I was pretty impressed with my handiwork on that one. My dad would be proud. Here is a little glimpse into the progress of the Annexo:


The Beginning:


And actually, these pictures were taken once we had done a little bit of primary work like taking out some concrete and washing the floors, but these were the beginning stages.





Making some Progress:


Jacob and I filling in some of the holes in the tiles with putty.

Rachael and Aleah scraping paint off of the marble


The paint goes up. Coat 1 of 3





 More or Less Done:






I can't wait to hear the amazing ministries and opportunities that will come out of this space. I wish we were around to see it in use. I know for a fact though, it will be a place where the community will meet Jesus. That makes the long hours of painting and sanding and scrubbing so worth it.

1 comment: