Monday, June 27, 2011

Home.

My TREK adventure has officially come to an end. I am enjoying being back at home, even though there is nothing all that familiar about my surroundings (my parents gutted the house and remodeled while I was and as a result I don't really have a bedroom yet. I'm sleeping on the floor of the office until my brother moves out next week and I can have his room).
TREK actually ended last Friday, but I took a few extra days to spend time with some family and Kristy in Abbotsford. I'm glad I chose to do that because it was great to see and catch up with people. But as of yesterday at 12:19pm, I arrived safe and sound in Winnipeg.

TREK debrief was great. We ended off our time together with a great BBQ, worship time and of course lots of volleyball on Thursday afternoon/evening at Steve Klassen's.





Talk about a stunning view




Our lovely interns: Sarah and Jes



worship with Kevin Boese - always an amazing experience.


As our last TREK hurrah, we had a dessert evening Friday night with friends and families to share stories and some of the things we did over the last 10 months. Included in that was some awesome worship time with Kevin Boese. There was one song in particular, "The Adventure of Jesus", that caught my attention and resonated in my heart as I thought about returning home. Here are the lyrics.



I want to live the adventure
I want to burn with the passion 
I want to be filled with the presence of Jesus
    I want to pray with the power
  I want to live the adventure 
I want serve with the kindness
of Jesus 


 Blessing the poor, healing the sick
This is the life of love that Jesus lived  Teaching the heart, forgiving the sin
This is the life of love that Jesus live

Then he said, we would do these very things
Here and now, I want to find out what that means

I want to live the adventure
I want to burn with the passion 
I want to be filled with the presence of Jesus
    I want to pray with the power
  I want to live the adventure 
I want serve with the kindness
of Jesus

All I need is to give what I have
Here and now, I want to see the kingdom come


When I think back to these last 10 months, all that I have learned and seen and transformation that has taken place in my life and in the lives of others, I want to continue to adventure with Jesus. Just because I am no longer on TREK, does not mean that the adventure stops here. I want to be sure to continue to live out what I have learned this last year. I want to tell the stories of the things I have experienced and the people I encountered and how God has worked and transformed my life. So, the regular routine of life may continue, but I am continuing my adventure with Jesus, very much as a changed person.


As I re-enter this next season of my life, I will be returning to my old blog to update people on life. It is a private blog, so if you would like to continue reading about how God is working in my life and hearing about the day to day stuff, comment with your email address and I will add you. My blog address is: www.karafriesen.blogspot.com

Thank you for sharing in my journey this last year - for your prayers and emails. I have appreciated them more than words could ever say. 


Let the adventure continue!!!

5 comments:

  1. YOUR LAST POST! OH NOOOOO!! I guess it's official then, TREK is over. I would love to follow your blog, if that's ok. dnmgentry@gmail.com

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo - oo! I want to follow your other blog too! my email is sabaffa@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doug - you are already added. you should just have to click on the link to go to it.
    Sarah - I sent you an email to add you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too please: bernieandjodi@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey ur blog is awsome i wanna follow u too
    my id - dsgola87@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete